The village is located in the northwestern part of the Slanské vrchy. The first written mention comes from 1397. Its history is connected with the Kecer family. The sacral landmark is the Roman Catholic church dedicated to the Name of the Virgin Mary. There is also an Evangelical church in the village. An Elementary School with several special classes has been established in Tuhrina. The establishment of the Culture House benefits the development of culture, and several sports events take place on the football field. The village is surrounded by forests, which were a source of livelihood for local residents in the past. Nature is rich in forest fruits. River crayfish live in local streams. There are great opportunities for cycling. The ruins of Bodoň Castle are located north of the village.